Monthly curbside collection of recyclable materials will be provided to all Hamburg residents as per the schedule below:
2023 Hamburg Recycling Schedule
The 4th Tuesday of every month is co-mingled.
Includes plastic, glass, mixed paper and metal. Must be placed in a reusable container. DO NOT place in plastic or paper bags.
The 4th Wednesday of every month is paper.
- Newspapers, Magazines, Junk Mail must be bound in one-foot stacks and cross tied or placed in reusable containers not to exceed 75 lbs.
- Corrugated Cardboard must be flattened and cross tied
- Shredded paper can be placed in a reusable, easy to empty container
All recycling materials MUST be free of food and/or waste. Caps and Lids are garbage and should not be with the recycling. Recycling should be put out the night before pickup or by 5:00 A.M. the day of pick up. If recycling pick up falls on a Holiday have the recycling out by 3:00 A.M. the following day. In the event of inclement weather the day of pick up, recycling will be picked up the next business day.
Sussex County MUA
Hamburg Borough Hall
(973) 827-9230 exts 4010 or 4012
- Recycling Guidelines
- SCUMA Recycling Schedule
- Recycling Contamination Crisis
- Taking Recycling directly to SCMUA
- What can I recycle?
- Recycling Tip!!
(Rechargeable Battery and Cell Phone recycling)