EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 immediately.
If you are a resident of Hamburg for at least a year, 18 to 50 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and are able to pass a physical and background check. You can become a member of the Hamburg Fire Department. All training and exam costs are covered by the fire department. Drills are Tuesday nights at 7 pm. Stop down or call the firehouse for an application: 973 827-5577 or Firechief@hamburgnj.org
Fire Pavilion and Hall Rentals
Please call – (973) 827 – 5577 and leave a detailed message.
- 1909, December 23 – Hamburg Fire Department established.
- 1910 – First chief of the department was Frank Smith along with 17 charter members.
- 1911, April 6 – Firemen’s Relief Association was formed to support and aid firemen.
- 1915, April 11- Department was incorporated.
- 1917 – Equipment was changed from outdated rubber buckets to a portable four man hand pump.
- 1919 – Hamburg Fire Department formed the Sussex County Firemen’s Association
- 1927 – Fire hydrants and water systems were installed.
- 1990’s – the fire department merged with the EMS division.
- The above historical information is courtesy of Dr. Marion Wood from her book “All About Hamburg”.
2023 – Firematic
- Chief – Charles Kazella
- Assistant Chief – Richard Padgett, Jr.
- 1st Lieutenant – Patrick Lukcasco
- 2nd Lieutenant – Jason Reardon
- Drillmaster –
- Assistant Drillmaster – Richard Titsworth
2023 – Civil Officers
- President – Ronald Garrett
- Vice President – Gary Kays
- Assistant Secretary – Amy Jo Sheridan
- Secretary – Charles McMickle
- Treasurer – Sidney Crum, Jr.
- Assistant Treasurer – Keith Sukennikoff
- Chaplain – Robert Russell
- Assistant Chaplain – Ron Garrett
For information on safety recalls: