The Municipal Clerk serves as a direct link between the residents and their local government.
The Municipal Clerk also serves as:
- Administrative Officer for Licenses and Permits: responsible for the acceptance of application for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other officer.
- Chief Administrative Officer: in all elections held in the municipality subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Chief Registrar of Voters: in the municipality, subject to the requirement of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Secretary of the Municipal Corporation: custodian of the Municipal Corporation and custodian of the Municipal Seal and all minutes, books, deed, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- Secretary to the Governing Body: prepares meeting agendas, present at the meetings of the governing body, keeps a journal of the proceeding of every meeting, retains the original copies of all ordinance and resolutions and records the minutes of every meeting.
- Coordinator and records manager: responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated by Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
- Custodian of Record: pursuant to the Open Public Records Act.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 3 pm.
Doreen Schott, Municipal Clerk / Registrar
973 827-9230 ext. 4010
Beth Martin, Deputy Clerk / Deputy Registrar
973 827-9230 ext. 4012
Off Site Conditions
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) link below will provide updated reports for “Active Sites with Confirmed Contamination”; “Pending Sites with Confirmed Contamination” and “Closed Sites with Confirmed Contamination” in Sussex County, Borough of Hamburg.